Industrial Roll Heating
COMAINTEL’s Induction Systems to improve Industrial Heating Roll Process
Embossing, Rubber, Textile, Plastic, and Laminating industries can significantly benefit by implementing Comaintel’s Induction Heating Technology and Know-how. Whether it’s to improve surfaces finish, increase mill speed, or improve product quality, Comaintel Solutions have generated important savings and payback to its customers.
Heating work roll is essential in many manufacturing processes, from the Pulp & Paper industry using induction heated work roll for pressing, drying and calendering, Rubber and Plastic manufacturers using it for melting, vulcanizing, and pressing, Textile for drying, sizing, and printing, to the Floor covering industry for pressing, drying, paint-transfer and laminating of their end products. However, heating rolls have brought some production challenges and issues using conventional heating systems.
- Slow production process to insure product quality;
- Difficulties at keeping consistent heat along work rolls;
- Very long start-up process (too long to heat rolls);
- Production quality is inconsistent using conventional heating solutions (IR, heated oil or lubricant, hot air blowers, etc.);
- Hard to keep temperature control along roll to insure process consistency;
Comaintel’s Induction Heating Technology and Product Line address each project with the same approach: by inquiring your production issues or your process improvement objectives. Our goal is to make sure we recommend the best suited solution with the highest ROI for your company.
With Comaintel’s products and solutions implemented at different customers, we have shown the following benefits:
- Increase mill speed;
- Faster start-ups and roll changes (very fast roll heating);
- Improve control of gauge and profile or patterns transfer;
- Less waste product;
- High power efficiency (up to 95%);
- Lower energy costs;
- Higher and more consistent temperature;
- Easy retrofit (Comaintel’s Induction Heating Systems can be adapted to almost any processing equipments).
CONTACT US AT COMAINTEL INC. FOR MORE INFORMATION